Estate planning is essential to your peace of mind and the long-term financial security of your family. During the last 37 years, we have helped hundreds of clients with their estate plans including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, transfer on death deeds, and if possible, the avoidance of probate proceedings entirely. Every estate plan is individually crafted to meet the needs of the client. We will guide you through many important estate planning decisions including:
- How, when, and to whom your estate will be distributed
- Estate tax considerations
- Who should act as your personal representative or trustee to wind up your affairs, pay outstanding bills and carry out your estate plan
- How to avoid legal challenges to your will or trust
- Who will take care of your minor children in the event of your death
- Who will make medical decisions for you if you become incapacitated
- Who will make financial decisions for you under a power of attorney if you become incapacitated
- What steps can be taken to keep certain assets out of probate
- How your real estate can be transferred upon your death
It is never too early or too late to start estate planning. It is one of the most important things you can do to protect your future and the future of your loved ones. Don’t wait to get started. Call us at 612-922-2260 or message us online.
“A lot more affordable than the firms downtown.”
I chose Dan to help me with my estate plan. He learned about my situation and designed a plan which met my unique needs. Frankly, he was a lot more affordable than the firms downtown.