When a loved one passes, Minnesota law dictates how the decedent’s estate must be administered. For more than 37 years, we have helped over 1,000 clients administer estates. We will guide you through every aspect of estate administration including:
- Determining whether the estate can be administered informally, without court supervision, or formally, with court hearings and supervision
- Assisting with the collection of a decedent’s assets
- Assisting with the appointment of a personal representative
- Obtaining a federal tax identification number for the estate
- Selling the decedent’s real estate
- Identifying and locating beneficiaries of the estate
- Determining the validity of claims against the estate
- Accounting for estate financial activity
- Assisting with transfers of nonprobate assets
- Connecting clients with appropriate estate tax professionals
- Working through contested probate matters
The probate and estate administration process can be confusing and overwhelming, especially if you are grieving a loved one. We will provide answers and assistance through every step of the proceedings.
In recognition of our experience in the area of Estate Planning and elder law, our lawyers have served as Hennepin County Bar Association Probate and Estate Law Section Chair, Ramsey County Bar Association Probate and Trust Section Chair, and MSBA Elder Law Governing Council Members. Call us to assist you with your loved one’s estate administration at 612-922-2260 or fill out an online contact form.
“Just a phone call away.”
Dan explained the probate process and made sure I was doing everything right. He was always just a phone call away. His bill was much less than I expected.
—Elizabeth P., Personal Representative